Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We won the battle, We will win the War!

I spent all the night looking at moon. That whiteness filled my life with beauty. As if some one was lighting my way in a dense forests. I missed the scary voices and felt at peace after a pretty long time. I wanted life to slow down and have some timeless breaths. Body and soul in absolute harmony. How frequently does this happen? Not many a times I get the feeling that my soul fits the dungeon perfectly and they compliment each other. I do not feel betrayed and I do not feel the pain, happiness is spilled.

I some how missed the two days. A packet of salted peanuts had done the job, acidity was on full swing. Half a bottle anti acid, two capsules and an Injection at the end did the trick for me. And that’s the time when you remember God the most. Naraye Takbeer –Allahu Akbar. Although, primarily I thought my surviving chances were low, I fortunately survived with no changes in my eating habits. I had some Pani Puri late last evening. Which was latter followed with corn, chilly chicken and red chili mixed with onions.

Jamia Chalou! A slogan for today. I some how felt very happy, after I listened to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, yesterday. It dawned on me that he has finally matured to become a leader. For the very first time I thought he overshadowed his contemporary with the same name, Omar Abdullah. Ms.Mufti is not to speak of, I still feel she needs to join some English speaking course but then one cannot buy intellect as well. I do not know how long will these Pro-Indian parties act as cats who close their eyes to the threat.

I just admired the sense of responsibility of people from all the walks of life. Yatri’s and Tourists were served food by the local people, who have been collecting money from their neighborhoods so that the guests do not feel abandoned. The strike has created least difficulty for the Yatri’s and more than that proved that Kashmiri’s have not divorced their culture of hospitality. While news of few political parties blocking the Jammu-Srinagar highway flew in, People of Budgam in no time sent loaded trucks of vegetables to city to be distributed free of cost. These without doubt are the signs of a conscious nation.

Experience teaches great lessons. That was to be seen today when only Syed Ali Geelani, of all the separatists leaders was able to slip away from police, while all others were house arrested. He has been playing hide and seek with police for past one week now, turning out to be a teenager once again. He makes me remember of Mujahid’s who never slept at their houses. May God accept their “SHAHADAT”. These acts of Geelani Saeb are truly admirable and we pray he lives to see Kashmiri’s as an Azaad Qaoum. Although police had been alerted at all entry and exit points leading to Jamia Masjid, still around 25,000 people were able to make it. At stake was noting less than life.

Finally after the week long protests, the Land Transfer order was revoked which has brought a wave of happiness among the people. Late in the evening I happened to join the rally led by Yaseen saeb. The rally lighted the streets with fire lit sticks. And voices filled the emptiness of night. A walk through Lal Chowk gave the feeling of a Freedom eve, women and children singing songs of Azaadi. That green flag on clock tower, ambience smelled of freshness. And that one slogan which has a different meaning for every occupied nation.

Aye Aye, Azaadi

Quraan Wali, Azaadi,

Furqan Wali, Azaadi,

Sunnat Wali Azaadi.

And then added with,

Behan kya maange, Azaadi,

Baap Kya Mange,Azaadi,

Booda mange, Azaadi

Bacha Maange, Azaadi

Aye Aye, Azaadi.

The Mass uprising should act as an eye opener for those who talk of ‘Realism’. Kashmir only knows one Realism that’s Azaadi. When we can get 100 acres back, why not the whole of state. This took us ten days and may be a greater revolution will take us a year. I believe when ever we stand as united again; we would be just a year away from absolute freedom. Kashmiri’s have proved that they are people of conscience, Zinda Quoam.

Naraye Takbeer -Allahu Akbar.

No comments: