Thursday, August 7, 2008

Chronicle- MBA 2006-08 -IV

One fine day, after class was over in seminar hall, Qurat came to me and said, “Why are you so indifferent towards me?” I would have burst laughing but she was damn serious, I let the question go with my smile.

Soon the first semester ended, exams were to start in a fortnight and we had nothing more than Eco’s Area of focus and the doubt, if he really remembered the questions. Half the class was still unsure if Farooq wore a WIG. For OB- We always knew that marks are sent before the paper is set. And the prospective candidates who the class was ready to see in back log list was – Me, Fawzaan, Lubaid but fortunately we survived. I assure none of us went to his chamber. Not even to get our History.

Two worst papers we had to were, Quantitative Techniques and Finance. Something most of the students were bad at. Most of the students had one excuse, “We have a Science Background”. Even Darzi would inquire from student before asking a question, “Aap BBA hai?

Most of the students still soothe their minds by saying, “We are Managers, and we have nothing to do with making Balance sheets”. Why can’t they just admit, we can’t make them. Come on we cant even do what MBA’s are suppose to do. No, we cant find jobs worth a million dollar.

Group studies were on high in first semester. Almost every one studied in groups, I remember Zaib and me walking the deserted streets of Raj Bagh late evenings before we resumed studies which did not last long and then we would have dancing sessions and to relieve our over developed brains we would stand on our heads.

I still remember Zahid, Khalid and me studying together at Zahid’s house for QT. Damn, he kept me awake all night. Starting with probability and ending with functions. Khalid, he was almost asleep at 10:30.Yea, I remember Saba, Rouf and Sheen too were together studying QT. They irritated us with some miss calls. But yea they proved a relief while Zahid was crapping me with Simplex.

It was a month long exam, almost exhausting and worth having a trip at end.

No comments: