Thursday, August 7, 2008

Chronicle- MBA 2006-08 -VI

Won’t ever lie in truth and dare but when next time will all of us sit together, widening circle on arrival of every second guy, playing “Truth and Dare” in the legacy of Mughals –Naseem Bagh. I promise I would dare this time round. I still remember few of your dares people. Zaib washing dishes at Hameed saeb’s elevation less tap. Qurat actually sat with a couple who probably were discussing syllabus. Insha in fact hugged the aunty in cafeteria. Deeba almost ran away with the vegetable bag. Saba and I cycled for quite some time before the young boys got to know I wasn’t dumb, nay that wasn’t a dare that was FUN. And that one dare that could have landed Fawzaan in trouble yet again. Lubaid had given Insha an ORKUT dare.

Things to remember, nay, this is not a Farooq Khan Slide, these are his Memories

1. Mubashir never missed a class, never had confusions which implies he never understood a thing.

2. Three fourth of the students learned crashing so well that they applied it in RM and Eco Classes. Now that’s what I call Managerial Skills.

3. And that play, where he almost shrieked into Roof’s ear, “Tumari Math Mari gayee hai”. Damn, he should have been in bollywood but dialogue remembrance would have been a problem their too.

4. Yeah, he once caught Roof and Me having lunch on the back seat, with morsels of bread spread all over my notebook, he dint utter a single word, he knows how to keep secrets.

5. Fortunately Fawzaan’s GPRS was working when he with Amir were caught in class. They just did not know what topics RM has.

6. Even Juniors know his favorite color is Rani Pink. His slides say so.

7. He was about to break a lap top on Wajahat’s head, fortunately he just forgot the purpose once laptop was in air. What kind of memory is that?

8. Insha doesn’t remember his voice, she always had earphone’s plugged in.

9. Toufeeq knew well how to use adjectives in his class.

Hoooooffffffff, that was too much of him.

One teacher whose class I have enjoyed is Ajaz, hope nobody asks me why? I missed his eleven classes, either he would not allow me in or he would throw me out of his class. Once I was almost drowned in Paulo Cohelo’s book when he woke me up and Lubaid had to repeat his presentation just for me. No, nothing more. I don’t mean any offences here.

One day in OB class, course which anyway has to be taken under the American influenced Prof, he makes me remember Almeda of KKHH.

Prof.Shabir is responsible for the course. He is moreover a panic to the students like me for the first year. His unique style of throwing cases like almonds in a marriage is amazing.

1. “Sir,Who is Peter Drucker?” that one question made me turn my skull full round, only to see Fawzaan, the “ROGUE”.

2. Insha reading a case, while Shaista repeating the same. That day I saw Shabir’s patience, he waited till the results.

3. Sheen read a case out of a blank paper and Shabir always looked for different perspectives of her.

4. Yeah, Yeah how can I forget silence in Class once I read crucibles. He kept on complimenting about that all through the semester. I promise he dint understand a single.

5. Fawzaan and me opting for an option in LCLD case, which was not followed by Americans and then making him work on that option.

6. Saba blowing off the dust of his shirt, which then cost her OD.

7. Mudasir’s wonder Crucible, of he being asked by his friends father, “Which is the Capital of Punjab”?

8. That one mass bunk by the class.

In classes like QT and Finance felt like being in school. They come, they write on board and they leave. That isn’t a happy ending anyway.

Prof Shah’s single reprimand of two semesters, “You are the most non serious girl of this class” referring to Iflah. What made him say that, nobody knows. Not being among the first five toppers all through these semesters helped her.

Prof Sahaf almost in every class tried to prove his innocence, he always made me remember one of the Bahu’s in Baa, Bahu and Baby. Who always keeps on reapeting “Maina Kuch Nahi Kiya”. Those useless questions which Fawzaan asked of Sahaf, like that of PR and advertising. And when class would get boring, they would take him to some unending discussion about the system.

Damn you people, I will miss classes. I will miss the Professor’s as well.

No comments: